Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Do you have a kindergarten program in your school?

A: We have a private kindergarten located in the building. They have access to the gym at lunch, library, and playground equipment for recesses. If you are interested in enrolling your child in the private ECS program, please see the information located under the families tab.


Q: What are some of the types of sports programs you have available for students at your school? 

A: Hay Lakes School is proud to provide an excellent sports and physical educations department. Some of the programs available are: Running team, Men's and Women's Volleyball, Men's and Women's Basketball, Track and Field, Badminton, Curling, and Golf.


Q: How do I check if I am within the boundaries for having a bus pick up my child?

A: Under the families tab on this website you will find a "Transportation" link. By clicking on the link, you will be brought to the Battle River School Division's transportation department. There you will find contact information, boundaries, and other useful information.


Q: What kind of Options Classes do you provide for Junior and Senior High students?

A: For our grade 7-9 students, we are proud to offer them the opportunity to travel to Camrose once a week to take part in CTS courses at the Composite High School. As well, we offer Band, French, Art, Outdoor Education, Leadership, and a Guitar class in our school.

In Senior High, we provide a variety of options such as: Work Experience, Psychology/Sociology, Art, Band, French, Botany, and Guitar to name a few. Depending on the demand from students and the staff working with us, we are always willing to collaborate together to create something new and exciting!